Friday, August 23, 2013

How to Keep your kids busy, on the cheap!

This summer has been a complete bust for us. With picking up extra hours at work to fill in what I lost for the summer, there has been little to no extra for summer fun. So the other day after I finished work, I swung by our local Dollor Store to see what I could find. I found these awesome foam planes for $1.25! Perfect. 2 planes for the price of one! (You can grab whatever you think may interest your littles, for my boys, planes, trains and cars are always a go to!) You could always pick up a few new, interesting things that can be put away for a later date! For me, I wanted to spend as little as possible. For $1.25, I was prepared for them to last just for the day, but thats all we needed :)

Thank you Dollar Store :)


Ace helping daddy build the plane
As soon as I got home, the boys noticed I had something special in hand, and as soon as I pulled the planes out they jumped up and down excitedly yelling, "Mommy, you got me a plane?! Oh THANK YOU mommy, you are the best!" Literally. I guess having 4 year olds has its perk, they love you for the little things!
Ez man


So we immediately got to work, pulling all the pieces out and building. Okay, so I am not going to lie! I got super confused from the lack of instructions as there were no instructions, so I had the hubs help! Once they were put together, the boys had a blast flying them all around the living room! And boy do those things fly. (When properly put together...) After about an hour of testing, we decided to head to the park down the street and test them there. Unfortunately, it was too windy and the planes quickly fell apart. BUT we made it to the park, even if it was only maybe the second time this summer... Super sad, I know I know! So we just played until they were tired! I put everything I had to do on the back burner, and just let go.  And guess what? Life still went on and dinner was even still on the table before midnight!

Okay, so I guess my little tidbit for the day is this; even if you have no money, have a bajillion things on your to-do list, and feel like summer has sucked the big one, you can still find a little fun if you just let go a little. And you definitely don't need to spend a lot, or drive to some fancy smancy theme park either! (Not that there is anything wrong with theme parks, our family personally loves them a little too much!) Just love the little things, enjoy time spent with loved ones, and let go :)


Doing what boys do best, gettin dirty!





“Perhaps it takes a purer faith to praise God for unrealized blessings than for those we once enjoyed or those we enjoy now.” 
― A.W. Tozer

No comments:

Post a Comment