I used primer first, and used this stuff, Zinsser because thats what the tutorial told me to do. So I listened.
After I painted everything white with the primer, I used a paint sample from Behr to paint one of the side panels and the chevron. I used a tutorial here to figure out how to get the perfect chevron stripes! I just used masking tape for this because I had no painting tape on hand. It worked out okay!
Here is the before and after! Two beds in one room basically took up the entire space. Now they have plenty of room to play and sleep. My husband wants to build a platform under the bed with some drawers to add more storage for their toys, we have yet to draw up the plans for that but hopefully that will happen soon!