Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yum Yum Apple Crisp! (GF of course;)

I remember a few years back, (when I was still a young and free and had no desire to cook,bake, or clean,) my sister who was a young mom at the time was almost always baking a yummy apple crisp. Not just ANY apple crisp, but GLUTEN FREE apple crisp!!! Which anyone with a wheat allergy will tell you is a real treat!
So the other day when I started getting a craving I decided to make some. I had no idea how to to go about making one gluten free, but I improvised and it turned out super yummy! Yummy enough to share with all my GF friends. :)

Easy Apple Crisp
Ingredients:

5-6 apples
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
cinnamon
1/2 cup flour (bobs red mill, all purpose gluten free flour is what I used and it worked awesome!)
white sugar

Directions:

1. Slice apples in baking dish (peeled).
2. Sprinkle cinnamon and white sugar over apples.
3. Mix remaining ingredients with a fork until well mixed and sprinkle on apples.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.

I hope this hits the spot as much as it did for me! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment