Monday, April 2, 2012

Easy cheesy, potato, baked casserole.

So I have been seeing these recipes floating around pinterest lately, and although they look super yummy I have yet to have a chance to try baking up a dish! So the other night, when I was cleaning out my fridge and cup boad of those ready to expire so use em up quick before they spoil ingredients, I thought I would just make my own version. Gluten free of course ;) Turned out to be incredibly delicious, unlike 90% of the recipes I try out over pinterest :P
On a side note, I think this dish costs me around $10. A pretty good deal for a family of 4!







I started by choping up some of those really cute baby potatoes in half's/quarters. (I picked up this bag on sale for $1.99! Score!)






I then mixed a wet glaze sort of thing together in a bowl. It looked like this;





And consisted of these ingredients;

(After making this dish, I would opt out for the olive oil. It made it really greasy and a pain to wash up after!) I honestly don't measure, bad habit I know. I just put a pinch of everything till it smells good! :)





I then took the baby potatoes, and a bag of baby carrots, and dumped them into my bowl and gave it a good stir!





I then greased up the casserole dish with some good ole pam, and spooned the mixed potatoes and carrots into the casserole dish. I put it in the pre-heated oven at 400 for about 45 minutes. There should be plenty of the mixture left over, if not, just throw some more in there :)




While that was baking, I then took my chicken and cut it up into small cubes and threw it into the left over mixture. Let it sit in the sauce until you are ready to put it in with the rest of the dish! I suggest using chicken breast for this. All I had on hand was some chicken thighs, although it tasted fine, it was a pain in the butt to cut all the meat away form the bone!





After 45 minutes in the oven, take the casserole dish out of the oven and top the potatoes and carrots with the remaining sauce and chicken and put back into the oven for another 45 minutes. (For the last 5 minutes, take out of the oven, sprinkle with your favourite cheese and pop back into oven!) AND tada!


You now have an extremely delicious meal that is super easy to make! It may take awhile to cook, but once everything is put together and thrown in the oven, your just waiting around. You may even be able to get a few dishes done while your waiting!


So there you have it. My version of a Cheesy, Potato & Carrot Casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment