Saturday, June 23, 2012

"camping"

So for the past couple of months, my husband and I have been debating whether camping with two 3 year olds was a good idea. We have our yearly church Summer Camp coming up at the end of July and we have the choice of camping (for $10 night) or getting a hotel room for much more than that and although the appeal of saving money is usually always my first choice, my husband disagrees and thinks we NEED a hotel room! The last 2 years at camp the hotel has saved our lives, neither of them sleep well outside the comfort of our home but at least we got some sleep!


About a week ago my husband thought, lets just put up the tent in the basement and see how they do! They have both been counting down the sleeps until they got to go "campin" with daddy! Well 1. The basement is not outside AND 2. real camping does note involve a TV! But we did it anyways. Well my husband did, I relaxed on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and good chick flick!


At about 10:30 Ez comes up stairs saying it's too scary even with daddy right beside him so we put him into his own bed, only to have him take advantage of his brothers absence and crawl into his brothers top bunk! Finally, at about 11:00 Ace crashes. Yay, everyone is asleep! (or so I thought). 1:28 rolls around and I hear Ace screaming and crying, so daddy brings him up to his own bed where he finally settles and goes back to sleep. I finally get back to sleep and hear Ace walking around the house at 7:22 in the morning trying to find me! Daddy did not close his door :(

So I guess in summary, "camping" didn't go as well as I thought it would. Less sleep then usual and two little boys who will most definitely need a nap this afternoon! But at least I avoided the sore back from sleeping on the hard ground, so I can't complain too much. As for summer camp sleeping arrangements, still undecided! I would love to hear how you conquer camping with little ones, or if you don't. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment