Sunday, August 12, 2012

Make your own learning book for $3!

I am always looking for new and creative ways to help my boys learn, so when I came across a few pins via Pinterest, I knew I had to make them their own learning books! One that can be used with play dough or with dry erase markers. (I have not tested with dry erase markers, I am only assuming they would work! Will get back to you on this.) One that can be used over and over and over again! I also wanted to share this idea with everyone, because at only $2.50-$3.00 per book, everyone can afford one and its super easy to create! ( Yes, I said $3.00!) Why didn't I think of this earlier?!)

First, I made my pages with photoshop. You can find lots for free to download around the web, but I wanted to make some specific for my boys. I choose to focus oncolours. I don't know why, I just did! You can grab mine for free at the bottom of this post! But please, if you are sharing this on your own blog, link directly to this post. Do not offer the download on your own blog or link just to the download! Thanks ladies & gents :)

Once you have your favourite learning pages, take a short drive to your nearest dollorama, (or dollar tree if you are from the US of A), and grab a presentation folder. One that is regular letter size and one you can slip your pages into the little plastic pages! Mine were only $2 each :) score!

When you get home, slip those printed pages into your book! You might need to gently rub the page in order to open up the little slot, mine took a lot of rubbing! Put them back to back and slip them in together so that when you flip the page there is another printed sheet on the back side. And your done! That's it. Super simple. My boys had a blast pointing out the colours for me and trying to create with their play dough! I think I might need to make a new batch of wheat-free play dough though, as Ace thinks that play dough actually tastes good. ick! Perhaps another DIY is at hand?




All things Red
All things Orange
All things Yellow
All things Green
All things Blue
All things Purple



No comments:

Post a Comment