Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter!

A week late, but better than never, right? We decided to ditch the city for Easter and spend it with my sister and her whole clan of kids. As much as I love the city I live in, I love getting out of the city for a change of pace! We relaxed, chilled, and played, or as my boys put it, "I am playing with my friends mommy, I love my friends!" They refused to call them their cousins, just "My friends!" Which reminded me of this image floating around FB...


Ain't that the truth?
Now onto my very photo heavy blog post. My boys had a blast over the weekend, and this year, Easter was more fun for the boys (finally), than me!


We started out the weekend at our Church's annual Easter Egg Hunt! Boys got loaded with chocolate :P


We hit the road, and as soon as we got to my sisters the kids pulled out the decorating kits! A first for us :)


We tried out the glow in the dark easter egg hunt, with glow in the dark tops! Didn't glow as much as I would have liked, but the tops were a hit!


Easter morning the kids got their baskets. Lightning, Hello Kitty, Justin Bieber and Angry Birds!


They were super excited about hunting for eggs, as you can clearly tell from their smiles, lol.


We took the opportunity to take some photos of all my parents grandkids, (minus one who lives with her dad!) (7 grand babies from 2 children ain't bad eh?)


And when we got home, the boys wanted to watch their eggs hatch, so we stuck them in some water and in a short (or long if you are 3 yrs old) 48hr wait, their eggs hatched!

Hoping everyone had an equally exciting (and relaxed) Easter weekend as we did! My family can drive me crazy, but at the end of the day I am extremely grateful for such a close and loving family. :)


Aloha Friday Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. I love the glow and the dark Easter eggs! (following along now )

    ReplyDelete