Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just run.

When I was younger and much more in shape, before babies and work and household chores, I used to run. I ran to stay in shape and I ran because I loved it. I could just pop in my headphones and run and get lost in my thoughts. That was over 3 years ago. maybe 4. I have made every excuse in the book to not start up again. ie;

"I live in a bad neighborhood!" and I did. Waking up at 4am to police lights and sirens plus the hawks helicopter searching for someone practically in your backyard more than once in 1 year counts as scary, am I right?

"I'm too tired cause all I do is breast feed, eat and sleep!" which sadly, was the truth!

"I have no time!" I work 2 full days outside of the home, plus I am 90% responsible for boys+housework. Busy is my middle name!



So I have had my reasons/excuses for not running. But lately I have had the urge to just run. To put in my headphones, get in shape, and let out some stress! So after about 2 weeks of wanting to, but doing absoultely nothing about it, I finally did it! Did I mention that I haven't ran in over 3-4 years? Yes it hurt. Yes, I barely made it 4 blocks. (with walking in between!) And yes I got sharp pains in my side. But, I, DID, IT! And it felt awesome! now here's hoping I can keep it up and get in the best shape of my life! :)


1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to try to start running. But I would barely get to the end of the block and I live once house from the corner :)

    ReplyDelete