Monday, September 16, 2013

Post China

So for the past week, I was spending my days in China. If you had asked me two weeks ago if I ever thought I was ever going to travel outside of north America, I would have said no. Not because I didn't want to, but simply because I do not have the money or the means to do so! So when I was approached with an idea to travel across the globe to a foreign place, by myself, to meet with a friend whom I had yet to met face to face for a huge life changing opportunity, I jumped. Ok, no I lied. I got shoved off of my comfortable little perch, and it was either spread my wings or fall to my doom! So I said yes, and 6 days later I was on a plane for China. Talk about crazy. But then again, who ever said God did things within "normalcy" or logically. Or that we were meant to live a non-crazy life! Yep. We are the 2%... but I wouldn't have it any other way! You see, when step out of your comfort zone, or off the cliff in my case, wonderful things happen. God happens. Its in those places where we learn to grow, where we truly learn to live and be happy, and where God meets us in a way that He otherwise would never be able to.

All I can say, is that God is good. ALL the time! ♪ "...He put this song of praise in this, heart of mine..." ♪ And we are a far ways away from being comfortable, we are still walking through this and will be for some time. But I can honestly say that I love it and am grateful for the ways God is using me. Sometimes we need to just step out of comfort zones to really live.

China was awesome. Even though I slept very, and I mean very little as I had to utilize my short time while there and for some odd reason the Chinese do not invest in good mattresses. Imagine a box spring as a mattress, with perhaps a blanket on top. ouch. Needless to say, the minute my plane landed in home, I had a huge sigh of relief and praised God for blessing me for living in such a beautiful and amazing country! If I ever become ungrateful again, I am going to have to slap myself with memories of my China visit and how we are so blessed in Canada.

I have still not had a chance to upload all my photos, but I thought I would share a few from my Instagram feed until my jet lag and exhaustion wears off! Hehe.

While working in Guangzhou, I took a quick minute to snap this photo out the window! The mix of old, and new is astonishing, and how some of the poor live is mind boggling.
We took a break the last day of my visit. My business partner needed to buy a birthday gift for his wife so we spent all morning shopping at this mall that was FULL of jewelry stores. It was store after store, kiosk after kiosk of jewelry. The same jewelry. Definitely NOT something you would ever see in North America!
Friday night, my new friend and expat living in Guangzhou Josh, took us to get some authentic food. We walked down this cement, grungy alley way where tables were set out all along the wall and people were cooking outside! It was sketchy, we got lots of weird looks, but it was delish :) Why go to China if you don't indulge in their culture?
   
We went out to a fancy Cantonese restaurant the first night in Guanzhou, and I could not resist this cute couch!          


Hopefully, when and if I am not tired later this week, I can take a break from life to upload some other photos from my journey :)
Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment